Athletic Training Club: Provides an improved educational experience in the field of Athletic Training.
Meeting: Monthly, Thursday at 7am, Harold Alfond Forum
What is its mission?
- Provides an improved educational experience in the field of Athletic Training.
- Athletic Training Club mixes educational learning and fun activities for students in the Athletic Training program.
What makes this club interesting to you?- The reason I picked this club is because I am an athletic training major and I am very interested in what kind of experience they have for students interested
Habitat for Humanity : .
Meeting: Weekly, Tuesday at 7:30 pm, Decary 210
What is its mission?
- Coordinates community building activities and other volunteer efforts to help those individuals less fortunate
- The purpose of the UNE Habitat for Humanity organization is to coordinate community building activities and other volunteer efforts to help those individuals less fortunate. Also, when possible, efforts will be coordinated with other state and national Habitat Chapters.
Who is the contact?
- United States
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (774) 276-5794
What makes this club interesting to you?
I am interested in this club because I remember in high school doing some volunteering for them because they had it at my school. What they do really helps the community and surrounding areas.
Relay for Life : This club is dedicated to the planning and organizing of all aspects of UNE’s Relay for Life, taking place in the spring semester.
Meeting: Bi-weekly (every other week), Tuesday at 6:30, ACHS 106
- This club works throughout the year to fundraise for the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life. We work with the UNE committee, and surrounding communities, to come together for the fight against cancer. Meetings will be held biweekly in the fall, and weekly in the spring.
- 11 Hills Beach RD, Biddeford, ME 04005
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Relay for life is a great organization that helps raise money for the American Cancer society and I have participated in relay life for 3 years. I have lost family to cancer and I want to be able to raise money for those who are still fighting.
Artifact 2 Writing
For this project I emailed 3 different clubs but the one I chose to write about is the Habitat for Humanity. Habitat for Humanity is an organization that is found all over the country and builds houses for underprivileged families. It Coordinates community building activities and other volunteer efforts to help those individuals less fortunate. The purpose of the UNE Habitat for Humanity organization is to coordinate community building activities and other volunteer efforts to help those individuals less fortunate. Also, when possible, efforts will be coordinated with other state and national Habitat Chapters. Habitat has been a club at UNE for quite some time, at least 5 years. It doesn’t take much to be involved. This club meets every week to discuss fundraising ideas and volunteering opportunities. In the community, Habitat has ReStores which are like discounted furniture stores and they take volunteers all the time as well as build sites in the area. As far as events that the club is involved in they participate in UNE’s Annual Day of Service, community service events in our area, as well as helping out at the local ReStore’s, build sites, and participating in an Alternative Spring Break Trip to somewhere in the United States to help build houses. For me Habitat Humanity I know well because they had a club in my high school and I went to some of the fundraisers and donated to them. I was curious to come here and see they UNE also had a club and I wanted to see what it was like here.
Habitat for Humanity is a great way for people to get involved in something new, meet new people and try new things. Participants will be able to better the community while bettering their college experience and having a place to sit back and relax and not worry about school for an hour a week. Being part of this club will even benefit participants after UNE. Being apart of clubs will give you a leg up in the real world because you’ll have new references and you’ll never know who you will meet along the way that can help you in the future in the working world. Habitat for Humanity can help you in the long run setting you up to have great communication skills, work ethic and new connections as you go through your years at UNE. After researching and speaking to one of the club leaders I feel that Habitat for Humanity is a great experience for anyone who is involved and is able to help our community be a better place.